- All Known Subinterfaces:
- All Known Implementing Classes:
public interface WriteEventAdapterFacility to convert to specialised data models, as may be required by specialized persistence Journals.
Typical use cases include (but are not limited to):
- adding metadata, a.k.a. "tagging" - by wrapping objects into tagged counterparts
- manually converting to the Journals storage format, such as JSON, BSON or any specialised binary format
- splitting up large events into sequences of smaller ones
All Methods Instance Methods Abstract Methods Modifier and Type Method Description
manifest(java.lang.Object event)Return the manifest (type hint) that will be provided in the
toJournal(java.lang.Object event)Convert domain event to journal event type.
java.lang.String manifest(java.lang.Object event)Return the manifest (type hint) that will be provided in the
""if manifest is not needed.
java.lang.Object toJournal(java.lang.Object event)Convert domain event to journal event type.
Some journal may require a specific type to be returned to them, for example if a primary key has to be associated with each event then a journal may require adapters to return
toJournaladaptation must be an 1-to-1 transformation. It is not allowed to drop incoming events during the
event- the application-side domain event to be adapted to the journal model
- the adapted event object, possibly the same object if no adaptation was performed