There are several third party libraries that expand the functionality of Akka Http.
Among those, we want to highlight the following:
- akka-http-json: Integrate some of the best JSON libs in Scala with Akka HTTP
- Swakka: A Scala library for creating Swagger definitions in a type-safe fashion wth Akka-Http. Generates Open API (a.k.a. Swagger) from code
- Guardrail: Guardrail is a code generation tool, capable of reading from OpenAPI/Swagger specification files and generating Akka HTTP code
- akka-http-cors: Akka Http directives implementing the CORS specifications defined by W3C
- akka-http-session: Web & mobile client-side akka-http sessions, with optional JWT support
- sttp: Library that provides a clean, programmer-friendly API to define HTTP requests and execute them using one of the wrapped backends, akka-http among them.